Friday, July 2, 2010

Khao San Road part 2- night time



Well just a little frustration, I just wrote a huge paragraph, but the internet went down right when I was going to publish my last entry. Now I'm starting over. Let's see, so after taking a much needed nap Cramer and I head back down to the street at about 10:30pm. We head away from KhaoSan Road (KSR) for now to grab a few beers and watch a little world cup soccer. AFter a few hours they run us out of there at about 12:30am and we head back down to KSR. This time the vide has improved dramatically the chaotic energy has turned into a party atmoshpere almost like Bourbon St. Music is bumping, street food vendors everywhere, cold drinks, etc. This is more like it. We end up parking ourselves on a couple of stools in the middle of the street and start buying beers from a little street vendor bar. There is a great mix of people sitting around us Europeans, Australians, Americans, locals, etc. Everyone is having a good time. One of the girls the works there is named Nam and we pretty much end up drinking right there all night. Talkig to all our fellow travelors and enjoying Nam and her friends company too. One guy name Luke was heading to London from Melbourne and had a 14 hour lay over so he headed down to KSR to party. Cool guy. Then his little girl comes up to me and plays me rock, paper, scissors. If I lost I have to buy flowers from her. Of course she kicked my ass, TWICE. Hahaa. I gave the flowers to Nam and she was loving it. After Nam and her friend finally got off working at about 2:30am we head down the street to The Club, a nicer dance club. The only problem was by this time Cramer and I are pretty faded. After a little while we say our goodbyes and head back to the room blurry eyed and stumbling. My impression of KSR improved dramatically as the sun began setting. Dinner time to late night is much more fun. Avoid this street if you're carrying a backpack and haven't learned to ignore all the vendors and tuk tuk drivers, its just a headache. But once you've settle into a room and feel a little more comfortable about the area and once the sun goes down it takes on a much more party type feel. I do believe we may have to hit up this area again before we come back at the end of the month. We may have to find Nam and her friend again too.

No comments:

Post a Comment