Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The trip starts

I left Chicago (ORD) Monday June 28th at 12:45pm I think its hard to understand how long 22 hours actually is until all you can do is sit in a cramped little seat. My first portion of the trip was from O'Hare to Hong Kong. That took about 15 hours. I slept for maybe 2 hours. I read two magazines, started reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, and watched 3 movies. Plus it seemed like they were feeding me every couple of hours on the way over there. In the US we get a half of cup of soda and a mini bag of pretzels for the whole trip. Here I was getting a meal constantly. I wanted to turn them down! Haha. I had a window seat and we flew north through Canada, into the Artic Circle, over the Alaska then down south once we got into Russia, and into China and finally to Hong Kong. While at the airport I was cracking up when a little Asian girl got a piece of candy stuck up her nose. I was a mini emergency and the mom was freaking out, but it was pretty funny. I boarded my next flight and made it to Bangkok a little late at about 10:45pm on June 29th over here. I then jumped in the taxi that took me to the KT Guest House where I met up with Cramer. We proceeded to the 7-11 down the street and polished over a bunch of Chang Beer, Thailand's finest. So far so good. Just got done eating breakfast and now we're heading to Ko San Road, apparently the backpackers mecca to stay there tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Mark - I just started reading Girl with a Dragon Tatoo on a plane as well... took me a while to get into it! Really excited about your trip and can't wait for some photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wait wait......what kinda candy?? LOL

    ReplyDelete